Saturday 21 December 2013

Music

What do I listen to? Well, Anything, everything - classical, musicals, pop (from 7 decades), rock, dance, and more. How would I measure my musical preferences though? Well, one way would be to use the iTunes playcount so....

I'm gonna periodically (every 3 months I can I remember) update this, more out of a sense of personal interest than anything else. I may like to think of myself as a hardened rocker but iTunes is the sitar of truth....

May 2015
What's changed? Hmmm, well, my library is 21,800 songs strong +- a few - because I'm old and bitter I've filtered out all of the love songs - pesky things that they are.

  1. "Solitary Man" is still number uno - 280 plays strong.
  2. Rob Zombie's cover of "Blitzkrieg Bop" has stormed into the no.2 spot
  3. "Highway to Hell" has moved up a spot to no. 3
  4. "Livin' on a Prayer" takes the 4th spot
  5. "The Mourning After" drops to 5th from 2nd.
  6. The Clash enter the top 10 for the first time with their classic "Should I stay..."
  7. And here come the boys from Boston with "Wicked Sensitive Crew"
  8. Bowie (I've never been a big fan of his) puts in a surprise showing with "Rebel Never Gets Old"
  9. A classic (well, it is now) - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
  10. Lunatic Calm's "Leave You Far Behind" with 99 plays.
Lady Gaga just misses out on a a top 10 spot with her excellent "You & I" - next time eh? The next pop song on my list is in 29th spot but it's the Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There" so hey...no shame! Which makes me wonder where my first shameful song is ....time to scroll....well, I got down to 250th without feeling shame :)



My iTunes top 10 as of December 2013, taken from a library of some 17k songs...

  1. Solitary Man - H.I.M's cover - 88 plays
  2. The Mourning After - Kamelot - 67 plays
  3. Love You to Death - Kamelot - 66 plays
  4. Highway to Hell - AC/DC - 63 plays
  5. I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick - 62 plays
  6. Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi - 59 plays
  7. Solitary Man - Johnny Cash's cover - 56 plays
  8. The Cut Runs Deep - Deep Purple - 55 plays
  9. All in the Name of Pity - Skunk Anansie - 55 plays
  10. Leave You Far Behind - Lunatic Calm - 53 plays.

All rock (apart from Cash), no real surprise I guess. Pop rears its head with Blur's Girls & Boys at  number 20 with Lady Gaga's You and I at 28.


And that's it, next music update in March 2014 but, of course, regular updates for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment