Tuesday 27 August 2013

Injury update:

Well, I had my Ortho appointment today. Very pleasantly surprised as my appointment was for 16:20 and I saw the doc at 16:25. He poked and prodded, in pretty good English, for a few minutes. Squeezed my feet and gave the impression that he knew what he was doing, which is always a good thing.

He diagnosed meta-tarsel thingieameebob. Something to do with my high arches, wide feet, and a weak forefoot (I think). I didn't take notes so have forgotten a few things (as you can tell from my medicalese).

His treatment was to suggest I get some custom insoles, which will give extra support to my arches, so I went next door and had my wide feet measured up (I stood in some weird box). It'll take a couple of weeks to make them but I'm cleared to run. The doc did suggest that I need to break the insoles in so to take it easy in them at first - something I need to remember.

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to running tomorrow so hopefully this'll be the penultimate update.

No comments:

Post a Comment