Monday 9 September 2013

Well, I picked up the insoles this morning and took them for a wee 10km run this afternoon (just got back).

The good news is that, whilst I can still feel a bit of weakness in my left foot, I can stand on tip-toe so, fingers crossed, the insoles, and the additional arch support they provide have resolved the issue.

Huzzah! :)

I'm gonna take it easy for the first 5 runs (10km ish max per run) and continue to monitor my metatarsalwossnames. Providing things haven't worsened I'll throw in a couple of 15km hill runs and then, assuming success, I'll work my way back up to my long runs.

28th September

Just a quick update - after about 70km my legs still aren't back to what I'd call normal. I've had to (or feel that I've had to) practically learn to run all over again, starting with 5km runs. I'll admit that I overdid it at the start (those 10km runs back from my German lessons were probably a mistake).

Oh :) and it's the Spartathlon this weekend :) so good luck to everyone taking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment